cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon 640 prevents from direct server logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed sapgui 640 about a month ago, and it has worked fine with 3.1, 4.7, and 640 systems. However, I keep getting network error messages for all the systems that don't have router strings entries, and I'm not sure if and how to refresh the "saplogon.ini" file on my XP machine.

Have tried modifying hosts and services Windows files and entering router strings manually or creating logon groups, but still keep getting errors. My Basis people won't support anything above 620.

<b>Original error message:</b>

: 'service 'sapdp01' unknown

Time Wed Sep 14 11:23:06 2005

Component NI (network interface)

Release 640

Version 37

Module ninti.c

Line 494

Method NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapdp01' not found

Return Code -3

System Call getservbyname_r

Counter 1

<b>After manually entering router string:</b>

: 'Logon balancing: parser error in '/H//M/server.com/S/3600/H/server 00 /3''

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

There seems to be some error with your router string, the // and spaces could result into this error.

'/H//M/server.com/S/3600/H/server 00 /3'

Additionally, you could just try renaming the saplogon.ini file (probably in your windows directory) and creating a new entty; if this works your saplogon.ini file is probably corrupt.

Good luck.

|Walter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Your original error is happening because your "services" file do not have an entry for sapdp01. It should have an entry with following values (you canmanually add this entry in your services file -

<u><i><b> sapdp01 3201/tcp</b></i></u>

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

Good try, but I did look at my services file and the entry you are suggesting is already there. I have also manually mapped server.com name to the numerical IP address in the hosts file. I had a look at saplogon.ini, but I'm not sure if the problem lies there...