Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasource and trasnfer rules inactive after tranport

Sujai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have replicated the metadata for teh source system that i am using. but all the datasources are in Modified status. i tried transporting the active datasource and transfer structures from my dev BI to prdn BI. but the datasources and transfer rules are inactive in my prdn.

i tried to execute the report RSDS_DATASOURCE_ACTIVATE_ALL for activating them in prdn, but most of my datasource are in 3.x version though i am using BI 7.0.

I am also facing errors in transport of the transfer rules. this is the error msg that i get in STMS

Start of the after-import method RS_ISTS_AFTER_IMPORT for object type(s) ISTS (Activation Mode)

The selections T 2LIS_11_V_ITM_MA specify more than one DataSource

Reference to transfer structure 2LIS_11_V_ITM_MA not available. No activation possible.

Errors occurred during post-handling RS_AFTER_IMPORT for ISCS L

RS_AFTER_IMPORT belongs to package RS

The errors affect the following components:

BW-WHM (Warehouse Management)

Can anyone pls help.

Regards

Sujai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujai,

Ask the Basis team to replicate the data sources once your transport is released.Generally,Basis Team knows the solution for this.Take thier help.

Thanks & Regards,

Suchitra.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujai,

The reaon for the datasources being in modified version is due to the failure in the transport.Because they have not been imported in the prd successfully,this error occurs.

Try to import them in the STMS in prd if u r authorised to do so or contact ur Basis tema to this and refresh the infosource tree and replicate the data sources.

Else,you need to re-transport them again.

Thanks & Regards,

Suchitra.V

Sujai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suchitra

i have tried to transport the datasources but each time it ends up in error. I am not sure what causes the transport error. I have tried transporting the datasources alone but again i face the same issue.

Is there any parameters that i should check before transporting?

Sujai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you happen to transport your datasource on R/3 QA to R/3 PROD.?

Once you have transported that.. Try replicating the datasource on BI side..

You need to then transport your BI transport request to BI Prod. if your transport have gone well in BI QA system.. then you can try executing this program RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL in BI PROD.

Sujai
Participant
0 Kudos

I have transported the datasources to R/3 prdn and have replicated them on the BI side, but after replication the datasources are in Modfified version. there is no active version found.

transporting the transfer rules and the datasource replica from BI dev ends up in the error as mentioned int he earlier post.

what should i do get them activated in prdn???

Sujai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BW Prod goto RSA1 -> source system under modeling -> right click on your source system (R/3) select replicate data sources -> and activate them.

Regards

Sankar

Sujai
Participant
0 Kudos

is it ok to activate them in prdn.? as its asking for requests..

Sujai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure that the datasources are in active version in R/3 after you have transported them to R/3 production. You might have to activate them again. After that, replicate it in BI Prod. That should solve the problem.

Sujai
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone pls help me on this.. its a little urgent.

Sujai