cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing payroll area after payroll has run

Former Member

Hi all,

Is it possible to change the payroll area after the pay has been run? i.e. from non-payroll to payroll.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ian

i think it is not possible

thanks

theja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use "PU01" to delete the last payroll result.

Then you can change the payroll area.

Prerequirement is that you haven't exit the payroll run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel not possibe. The other option is as you may know, to delete the payroll results of the last payroll, and change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ian,

yes it is possible, changing the payroll area after the payroll period. after u have run payroll u can change the payroll area of a employee.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a retroactive change - i.e. changing the payroll area for the pay period which has just been run.

SAP Error Description: PayrArea unchangeable for periods for which payroll has run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the original Payroll Area is non-payable.

I think it should be possible to change the Payroll Area from Non-pay to Pay - this should cause a retro to scoop up the old pay - you may get a warning message to say the Payroll has been accounted - but you can get past that.

There are problems in going from a Pay to a non-pay Payroll Area retrospectively and this should be done by adjusting Salary etc.

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob. It seems to me it can't be changed though have worked around the problem another way.

Thanks for all the help.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Might be possible with Offcycle..... just check once