STO Inventory Valuation

jaiprasad_naidu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have doubt in inventory valuation when STO is done :

1. We create STO in ME21N.

2. We do Post goods Issue in VL02n

3. Now in ME22N for this STO system under purchase order history for mvmt type 641 system shows the inventory value posted.

4. When Goods Receipt is done at desitnation location through mvmt type 101 system doesnt show any value against this document

In this case how is the inventory value transferred from one plant to other plant within system. Is there any configuration required for this & what has to be done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you process STO bet.plants belong to same company code...then the material will be issued at supplying plant by 641 movement type.... and you have to do GR at receiving plant by useing movement type 101.

Since all the accountings,P&L accounts and all maintained at company code level....all the accounting documents all created at supplying Plant...ie) Stock Acc.of Supplying Plant is Credited....and Stock acc. of Receiving plant id Debited....and if you maintain Std.Price at Receiving Plant & is ther any Price diff.bet. Supplying plant and receiving Plant, then the Price diff will go to Price Diff. acc( TEK is UMB).

Reward if useful

Regards

S.Baskaran

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

641 is a movement type which is used if both plants belong to the same company.

When the 641 is performed, then it decreases the quantity and value in the sending plant and immediatly increases the value in the receiving plant, as the stock is posted to the in-transit stock of the receiving plant. The 101 just receives the stock from in-transit into a physical location. It does not have any value, as the value was already posted to the receiving plant with the 641.