cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Conversion in ECC5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured SCOT and while sending reports via scot the PDF conversino is not getting done properly. The report is getting converted to PDF but it is not getting displayed fully. Some parts are missing from right hand side and below. In the spool it is coming properly. I have configured a pdf printer as well. But it didn't work out. Expecting suggestions.

Regards,

haris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contact your ABAPer, you hve to involve him, who can develop a program for you.

Or you can also the below mentioned steps.

1 - SAP have created a standard program RSTXPDFT4 to convert your Sapscripts spools into a PDF format.

Specify the spool number and you will be able to download the sapscripts spool into your local harddisk.

Please note that it is not restricted to sapsciprts spool only. Any reports in the spool can be converted using the program 'RSTXPDFT4'.

1.Run the program RSTXPDFT4 in se38

2. Give the spool number and mention the directory and filename where to want to store the pdf file

3. press execute

MAIL: to Configure the Mail settings in the Tcode SCOT with the help of a basis person

and use the Medium as MAIL (7) instead of 1(printout)

and see that the receipient mail id (customer) are maintained properly and it should fired in the driver program..

Just we have to check the Output from the fun module

ADDR_GET_NEXT_COMM_TYPE which is there in driver program

There is also other method to print directly into PDF, without converting to SPool

It is with with the device type "PDF1".

Create in Tcode SPAD one output device with device type PDF1, if it is not visible refer SAP Note 317851.

then you can select in SPAD either frontend printing or email as required.

then you can use access method M i.e e-mail to receiver/onwer

2 - There is also other method to print directly into PDF, without converting to SPool

It is with with the device type "PDF1".

Create in Tcode SPAD one output device with device type PDF1, if it is not visible refer SAP Note 317851.

then you can select in SPAD either frontend printing or email as required.

then you can use access method M i.e e-mail to receiver/owner

Reward me points if this helpful.

Thanx

Rupali S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali,

Thanks for your response. Actually we are trying to convert ZReports and ABAPer suggests that it has to be resolved through basis means. I have tried in almost all means in Basis, but it didn't work out. Is there any OSS notes in this regard? What do you recomment, BASIS or ABAP can solve this issue effectively?

Regards,

Haris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Moreover afger configuring pdf printer pdf1, there I couldn't fine any option to select 'M' as the access method. Please advice.

Regards,

haris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

please use SE38 to run program RSPO0075 to add the access method M. then you will see the M in the list when you create new device type via SPAD.

Regards,

Pedro

Edited by: Pedro on Feb 26, 2010 5:11 PM