cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed System Backup

matthew_stroh
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just installed my first Distributed System. I am now trying to backup the system by using DB13 to start online backup using brtools. I have been looking for documentation on Distributed System backup. The best thing I found that could make some sense is SAP Note 1025707, 446172. So here is my landscape. I have one server call ORA which will end up hosting 3 oracle databases called SMP, NWP, SDP. There is no abap or java installed on the host only the database. I have other servers that host the abap and java stacks.

From reading the notes, I am guessing I need to install either a gateway process to do backup or do something with ssh. I am thinking the gateway process. First am I on the right track what needs to be done. If so should I install one gateway process as oraadm that could that control all the other SIDs? Or do I have to install a different gateway process for each SID? Or am I way off and there is whole different solution I should be using.

Thank you

Matthew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so you need to install sap gateway on database sever for same.

You need to configured init<SID>.sap which is located in /oracle/<SID>/xx_xx/dbs and set the respective file permission for brarchive, brbackup, brconnect, brtools.

chown ora<sid>:sapsys brarchive

chown ora<sid>:sapsys brbackup

chown ora<sid>:sapsys brconnect

chown ora<sid>:sapsys brtools

chmod 4775 brarchive

chmod 4775 brbackup

chmod 4775 brconnect

chmod 4775 brtools

Thanks,

Harshal