cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for Decision Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to implement in my workflow a decision step by using UWL. I wanted to use the standard BOR named DECISION, but when i test it, in the UWL the description and look feel do not satisfy me.

Can i improve this ? or the only solution is to create a specific BOR and the transaction with all my demands ?

Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How doesn't the look and feel satisfy you? Are you just opening the decision step transaction in the browser?

If yes, then did you know that there is a ready-made solution for the decision steps for UWL? Just register the system again, and it should create the needed XML configuration automatically for your decision step (unless you already configured something by yourself?).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri, thanks to answer.

In my case, it's a user decision step based on BOR named DECISION. This user receives in his workplace the task, when he execute it, the system display a screen with the decision's possibilities, for example : APPROVE or REJECT.

Well, it's nice and practice because it's standard, but the screen display don't have a lot informations, i would like to display more informations and perhaps display an ALV...

So, what'is the best way for this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose you know that you can of course modify the text of the decision step without any "real" modifications to standard? Basically then you just need to create a copy of the task that you are dealing with, and then modify this new task's description (and then of course replace the old task with your new task in the workflow). You could for example produce a simple list in text format instead of ALV.

But if you need to output something more complex than just text, then you really have to build something totally custom. Perhaps with Web Dynpro or BSP. (And of course you can do your own screen/transaction with ALV, but from my point of view that would not make that much sense if you are using UWL).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karri, after some tests i agree with you, now i just want to change the text of the decision step, it's simple and efficient.

Now i must find how to get datas of my BOR in this editor

Very thanks for help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last question...

In my description's task i would like to add datas from container's task, how can i do that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose you mean that you want to add data from the task's container?

Check the menu in the editor. I can't remember now (don't have an access to any system), but I think that there is "Add element" or "Insert element". This will bring you into the task container, and there you can pick any data you need.

If the data that you need is not there, it will be then another story how to add it...

PS. You can also add some simple coding into text itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the menu i have 3 buttons :

- Insert command (Symbols, Command, Text element, Comment, SAP characters, Link)

- Program symbols

- Standard Text

Not container, but it's SAP

Answers (0)