cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

If one customer is created to under one sales area and after that he order one product say Prd-1 which available to his plant plant-1 and plant-2 and Plant-3 of company in different location.

Situation

1.If material not available in his plant-1 then which plant system will purpose out of other. Answer this how system search other plant?

2. How system determine which plant is near to that customer. if plant-2 is 200 km far away and plant-3 is 500km far away to the customer point.

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

As told, above is the standard SAP procedure for Plant determination. Regarding your first query i.e. other plants: while system carries availibility check, a screen appears with available quantities, in that screen you'll find a button by name "Other plants" thru which a pop-up comes with the plants in which that material is present/available. Just check the plant with sufficient material available.

Regarding second query I think you need to determine the plant with help of condition tables (yes, you can do plant determination thru condition tables also) like in pricing with distance as one of the fields to determine the plant with combination to customer etc.

Regards

SD

former_member600334
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Samier, I have been following various threads to try and learn more about Plant Determination. You offered up an interesting point regarding the use of condition tables for this which was new to me. Can you offer any further details on this aspect for example where I might find this in spro?

Thanks

Gary.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plant is determined in the sales order in the following way

1.CMIR

2.CMR

3.MMR

If a plant is existed in the cmir, it will be retrieved in the sales order if not customer master and then material master will be next priorities. If you dont maintain plant in all these levels you can enter manually while creating a sales order

Sam