cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrer path in EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have 1+yrs of experience in java/j2ee.For the last 6 months I am working on SAP Netweaver Technologies like Web dynpro for java,EP,CAF,GP,Visual Composer,xAPP.I would like to know what is the right career path for me in the next few years.

Is a certification in EP is going to help or shifting to web dynpro for ABAP would be a good decision?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrani,

Its good that you want learn ABAP Dynpro , Let me give you a bigger picture of

your scenario.

SAP is unique in having unification as part of its portal and still many SAP clients need to implement new SAP Netweaver stack, some of the clients already started , some of them are finished but most of them are still due to implement this new SAP Netweaver Technology.

One more thing is most of the clients already started to rip off their old integration systemes and they are looking for single unique solution like SAP NW 2004s.

SAP Enterprise Portal helps produce a heterogeneous IT environment by integrating SAP and non-SAP applications, data warehouses, desktop documents, and Web content and services. The webdynpro java and ABAP Dynpro are the best to develop applications rapidly and you already worked on how best it is to develop applications using Visual composer.

SAP is in a strong position to sell to its own very large customer base, adding that a key selling point for the company's enterprise portal technology with all other sap modules like SAP ESS/MSS, CRM, SRM etc..

Learning ABAP Dynpro is always an advantage to be an excellent profile and in this comptitive world.

Regarding the certification in Enterprise Portal is always good to have and cover all the basic fundamentals, along with this it is really helpful for clearing any kind of basic technical interviews.

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you for sharing your views.Its good to hear that WDJ technology will be there for the next 5 year atleast.But in a forum I also read that SAP has decided to replace WDJ with WDA.They have already implemented it in the HR area,some controversies are there too.But then what will be the future of this WDJ and its related technologies?I think this question will interest many EP developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

As per my knowledge "Web dynpro for java,EP,CAF,GP,Visual Composer,xAPP" has got market atleast for 5 more years. Certification in anyone out of above mentioned will be added advantage.

Web Dynpro for ABAP, no idea.

Regards

Ganga