cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing IDoc Status records back to the error message of a Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a SOAP -> IDoc posting scenario. I would like to know how to pass IDoc status messages (specifically the error messages) back to a Web Service error message.

It's not immediately obvious how I would do that.

Has anybody some experience with this?

BR,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Idoc communication is Asynchronous.

Would be better if you use proxy/RFC to pass message back to WebService.

Else search for ALEAUD in forum . YOu would get some idea but then that again will not be synchronous communication.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I see.

Would it make sense then to use ccBPM and the ALEAUD message to reply back to the original Web Service call?

BR,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I wouldnt suggest that approach.

Unless you have a very compelling reason for using IDOC to post data.

Why dont you see if any BAPI/FM solves your purpose or not.

ccBPM might solve your purpose in this scenario but then you would also need to think about the performance of the server over a long term.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the fact is there is an IDoc already configured to do what I want. However, I just noticed that there is aslo a BAPI that I could use.

However, BAPI's are a two stage process requiring a seperate commit; but I suppose if I wrote my own RFC enabled Function Module then I could call the BAPI then commit the work in the same FM.

Is the ccBPM engine really so resource intensive? I am wondering about this too; in a previous project I configured an inbound IDoc process code in R/3 to trigger a workflow; I had some issues with it and SAP advised me strongly against using workflow to process IDocs. Of course there's nothing about that in the SAP documentation.

BR,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

It would be good if you reconfigure the scenario. Might be extra work but would be better for the long term.

You dont need to write your own RFC so that you can use COMMIT work.

Use the following feature in RFC Receiver adapter.

Commit Control for Single BAPI Calls. Details check out this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm.

This feature was added later but not sure from which SP onwards.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks; that was good to know!

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Answers (0)