cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Vendors List

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.We need a list of Approved Vendors from List of Vendors Master Data. Is there any provision to have a report. Can any body Guide me.

2. At time of Entering Vendors ( Business Partner)Master Data in <b>Accounting tab</b> if I Select Tax Sub tab There is a provision Vendor Type----

Drop Down box .

In this can we define this vendor as <b>Approved.</b>

If so how can we generate Report.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narender,

The SAP Help files says the following:

Country-Specific for India

Vendor Type: Appears only when the BP is Vendor.

&#9679; Value in this combo-box is optional.

&#9679; Possible to change the description, but not delete the default vendor type once it has been used in transactions.

&#9679; To add a vendor type, choose Define New, and enter the requested information in the Define Vendor Type window.

I there might be any Out of the Box Reports they would be under Business Partner Reports. Otherwise I would suggest you the following.

Enable viewing System Information from the Top View Menu (CTRLShiftD), when you mouse over this field you will see the Table it is coming from and the field name.

You could create a SQL Query Report based on this.

Regards

Suda

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oh PS - I do not have a "Vendor Type" on my "Tax" tab of the BP Master. I only have "Tax Status" - maybe due to localization variances?

There might be other ways to do this also - maybe "Properties"? Well something should get you there!

Zal

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3rd and final iteration...they dropped the usage of the "Priority" field and had me create a User-Defined Field with security restrictions on it. I changed the name back to its original name. They removed all of the codes from the "Priority' field, assigned one person to be responsible for changing the UDF, and they ended up with TEN approval stages after the government stepped in!

The UDF was what I had mentioned at the very beginning and is what they are using now. Then we wrote the same type of simple SQL:

SELECT *

naaaa - you get the idea!!!

hahaha - Good Luck with whichever route you take!

Zal

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2nd Iteration...client was not using the "Priority" field on the "Payment Terms" tab in the BP Master Data...so they dropped the usage of the "On Hold" and had me change the label of the "Priority" field to "Approval Stage". They had started using several "stages" to approve a vendor. They defined the approval levels as: QA Approved [with code of QA Appr], Engineer Dept Approved [with code of Engr Appr], Governmental Reporting Approved [Govern Appr], Final Approval [Final Appr].

1. To change the label of the fleld name: position the cursor over the field name, and double-click the field name as you hold the "Ctrl" key down. Remember to make the new field name bold and use all caps for the new name (easy way to ID which field names have changed).

2. Wrote SQL on each stage of the approval process for each department as follows:

SELECT *

FROM OCRD T1

WHERE T1.Priority = 'QA Appr'

AND T1.CardType = 'V'

Just substituted 'QA Appr' with 'Engr Appr', etc...

3. Of course after seeing the various reports, someone in management came along and wanted to have a report that showed ALL Vendors in each and every stage so we changed the SQL to check:

WHERE T1. Priority IS NOT NULL

AND T1.CardType = 'V'

ORDER BY T1.Priority, T1.CardName

The government required them to do even more "stages" and so they had a third iteration...which was my original suggestion...

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paidipelli...one client went through several iterations to keep track of approved vendors and I can go through each way...they "grew" into the final solution over time...

1st Iteration. Used the "on hold" check box on the "General Tab" on the BP Master Data to indicate whethere a vendor was approved or not...

Report was created using the following SQL:

SELECT *

FROM OCRD T1

WHERE T1.FrozenFor = 'N'

AND T1.CardType = 'V'

Of course you would need to list those fields you want on the report instead of using "*" behind the SELECT statement