cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sdm problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i was trying to deploy a web dynpro application when i was asked the SDM password where i gave my admin password and it dint work..and after the 3rd time the pop window asking for the password is not appearing..

is this all i need to type in my command prompt?

. enter SDM directory as: cd C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program

2. Execute the following (just copy-paste)

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=standalone"

3. Execute following line (replacing Password1 with your new password for SDM)

sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/program" "newpassword=Password1"

4. I suggest also revert SDM back to integrated mode

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=integrated"

5. Start SDM  StartServer.bat

thanks in advance

krishna chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

when i go to the sdm/program home directory in the command prompt and execute sdm jstartup "mode=standalone" "sdmhome=<...>"

i am getting an error called initializing network manager <50017> and checking if another SDM is running on port 50018

pls help

thanks in advance

krishna chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

First shutdown the already running SDM process using,

stopserver.bat (from the same directory)

then execute

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=standalone"

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bidwan

that clearly solved my problem and i successfully changed my sdm password

moreover pls help on the actual use of SDM in deploying the appl's..i am unable to understand the help.sap documentation.

regards

krishna chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

SDM is a sort of interface between you and the server as far as deploying applications goes. It stands for Software Deployment Manager and helps you to deploy applications (as the name suggests).

All projects that you create using the Developer studio are deployed through the SDM (the archives that are built out of your projects). You cannot just take a WAR/EAR file and stick it in the server, it needs to go through the deployment process. SDM reads the archives, registers the information with the server and places the application on the server where it should reside.

The SDM tool is also used for undeployment of deployed applications. They should not simply be deleted from the server, rather they go through a sort of "uninstall" process, where the information is un-registered, the dependencies removed, etc.

Bye,

Sameer

Answers (0)