cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage bin is not a fixed bin for material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When manually overwriting the destination bin for a material with the fixed bin for a different material in a Transfer Order using LT01 using movement type 999. The sytem gives a warning "Storage bin XXXX is not a fixed bin for material xxxxxx".

I need some help how can I make this warning into an Error and stop processing the TO creation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your Fixed bin st type change your settings so that mixed storage is not allowed and this should stop the problem

I think your question has been answered and I am on a mission to reduce the number of pages we have to access to see all of the issues and se if we can help

If you have what you need could you please close your question.

regards

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message can be made as error message by changing the status of system message.

But you need to take the help of the abap guy.

This message L3 104 is used in the following program:

LL03AF1V, LL03AF1X and LL03AF2B

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ashok,

Adding to Vineet's comment. You need to go to Se91 and do the changes there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for your reply! ..In MM WM2 View for a fixed storage type we defined the Storage Bin, but this is not what i am looking.

The question is while creating a TO using LT01 in foreground processing using movement type 999 for a not fixed bin material. We change the destination bin proposed by the system (by search strategy). We enter new storage type and bin in the TO.

The new bin data entered is a fixed bin for a different material. At this movement the system displays a warning: "Storage bin XXXX is not a fixed bin for material xxxxxx" (message L3104). This warning is not a hard stop the user can still assign the fixed bin of other material to this non fixed bin material.

I am looking for any user exit or how to change the warning message to error message to stop further processing.

Any help is really appreciated.

Regard,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

pls. check under IM if the storage bin type is well defined and check in the material master data that the bin number is recorded in view WM2.

Pls. reward if useful.

Regards,

Enrico