cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles for Admin Approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

(1) I'd like to give a user an admin role that'll allow him to see all work items that are in approval waiting status so that he can forward or complete the work items on behalf of the true approvers when they are out of office.

(2) Or that when no approver is found in the approval table in the N-step approval badi, the work item is to be forwarded to this admin approver so he can take appropriate actions.

Can I achieve both? If so, what role(s) should this admin have in order to do this? And is there any other attribute or customizing I need to do to enable this?

Thanks much,

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM Version are you using ?

1) I think, the user is having authorization role problem

Purchaser worklist is :

- either in BBP_POC (process purchaser order -> worklist tab)

- or in the sourcing cockpit transaction

or Do this

Also, try assigning the role SAP_EC_SC_ADMIN_PURCHASER to the relevant user and then chk it out.

Also check, in the Extended search option, include the options, Bought on behalf of as checked ('X') and Include Completed Shopping carts as 'X' with Time Frame - (LAst Year) and Status = ALL

Refer to Transaction BBP_MON_SC (Monitor Shopping cart ) to check it whether it's pending in with whom and at what status.

Also, alternatively, you can refer to BBP_PD transaction, Specify the Shopping cart number there in the Object_ID field and you will get the details. Find this SC in transaction BBP_PD and double click on Organization field.

There is a list of purchasers who has access to this SC via sourcing cockpit.

2) Implement BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI to send items to Administartors.

First check whether the approval_table[] is initial.If so,you will have to populate the table approval_administrators so that the SC is sent to the default administrator if the approvers are not found.

Also make sure in the field "approval_agent",you are assigning the username as "USXXXXX".

Populate the APPROVAL_ADMINISTRATORS[] table in the BADI with the 'US' followed by SAP user name. It will go to the administrator inbox.

<u>See related SAP OSS Notes / links -></u>

Note 978709 - Administrator receives no work item for the BADI workflow

<u>Hope this will help. Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought this admin has to be assigned a role to be able to do this. I call this person an admin person referring to him doing administrative tasks as such but I don't know what role(s) does he need in order to see all pending work items, to forward or process work items as needed.

Is SAP_EC_SC_ADMIN_PURCHASER the appropriate role for this?

SN

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) this is already possible , admin user will be able to find the required Workitem ids and process them accordingly , like forwarding , executing the workitem.

2) you have to handle this in BADI code.