cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N-step approval BAdI - auto approve shopping carts

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're implementing the BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI for n-step approval. We have some steps in there that we implement deadline monitoring so that after 24 hours, we want the work items to be approved automatically and convert to PO's. I understand that only reminders are sent from deadline monitoring and not approving work items as they require manual intervention.

So we creat a program to approve the work items and convert them to PO's but we find that the SC status is not getting updated correctly. We have the PO's but the SC's still remain in 'Awaiting Approval' status in Check Status screen. And in BBP_PD the following is shown:

HEADER I1015 Awaiting Approval

HEADER I1021 Created

HEADER I1038 Complete

HEADER I1106 Shopping cart ordered

HEADER I1129 Approved

0000000001 I1111 Item in Transfer Process X

0000000001 I1113 Follow-on Document Created

Awaiting Approval does not have an X when it should since there's an Approved status here. Therefore, in the Approval area of the SC it still says "In approval since....".

Has anyone tried this or have any suggestion as to how we can resolve this issue?

Thank you much,

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

I would have done it differently and not used a program. You can also use a modeled deadline. In this part you can create an event which will trigger the automatic approval workflow and ends the n-step workflow. I couldn't guarantee it will work but I think it should, and everything should look ok.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's modeled deadline? I've not heard of it. Can you provide more details or links to where I can find more info?

Thanks.

SN

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

You can check the SAPHelp on modeled deadlines <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c5/e4b97e453d11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">here.</a> The help talks about stopping the task but you can do anything you want in the branch of the deadline, for instance raising an event.

Regards,

Martin

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Be carefull in changing the standard workflow template, you cannot copy it either. (note 731637, and thread )

If your program already exist, he must just be missing something to correctly update the SC status.

Did you check the program RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL ? This is the one used for the offline approval, you should find there all correct steps to approve a shopping cart.

Rgds,

Pierre

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

The note you mention is for the item based n-level approval, and that one could not be copied. The 'normal' n-level approval workflow can be copied.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Please specify which SRM version are you using with detailed Support pack and version details.</u>

<b>Seems to me like a bug in the SRM system ..</b> Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on SRM 4.0, Server 500 and support pack 09 (SAPKIBKS09).

Thanks.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the foll threads for the Notes/settings to be checked:

check the foll Notes also:

Note 387683 - Shopping cart status "Awaiting approval" instead "Approved"

Note 636910 - Shopping cart in approval although already authorized

Note 855867 - ordering on behalf remains in awaiting approval

Note 551695 - Incorrect Shopping Cart Status in EBP Reporting

Note 775506 - BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI during approval