cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does a workflow get triggered when we create a Shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In SRm how does a workflow gets triggered when we create a Shopping cart...what i mean is that in r/3 we use changedocument object or function modules etc..likewise in srm how the wf gets triggere...can anyone help me.

Thanks&Regards,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

You should use event linkage for triggering the workflow (just like R/3).

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I dont think it works like in R/3...can one help me in this,it will be of great helpful to me...

Thanks&Regards,

Hari.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check start condition in SWB_PROCUREMENT.

Do you get any error massage when you create a shopping cart ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

no Masa i need to know in general how is the wf getting trigerred in SRM.because i came to know that it is not the same thing as in R/3..

Thanks&Regards,

Hari

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

R/3 and SRM both use SAP Busness Workflow which is Basis layer functions. Workflow is triggered by events of Business Object. Application side calls FM SWE_EVENT_CREATE.

Regards,

Masa

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

The workflows I used in SRM were all started by an event, so I don't know how you could think it doesn't work like this. Do you have any specific problem?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi martin,

yes i accept that in SRM also workflows are all started by event...what i mean is in R/3 we go for Change document object(swec) or some other method for event creation...like that in SRM what is there?Just whenwe create a Shopping cart How the workflow is trigerred...suppose if it is trigerred using fm swe_event_create where they might have called the function module.

Thanks&Regards,

Hari

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I always prefer to use an event whenever I can. These are usually the most transparent. In SRM when a Shopping Cart is created an event is triggered. So for SC's you can use events. As I understood SAP uses the FM swe_event_create somewhere to raise the event, but Where exactly I don't know, and up to now I didn't really care where they did it.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

FM used to start Workflow are

BBP_PDH_WFL_RESTART ---> for restart of workflow

BBP_PDH_WFL_START ---> to start workflow --> this in turn will call below FM

BBP_PDH_WFL_START_NOW

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Workflow is triggered via business object event. I think it is the METHOD cl_swf_evt_event=>get_instance, METHOD l_event->raise .

Please set a break point and check the call stack.

CALL METHOD l_event->raise .

CALL METHOD cl_swf_evt_event=>get_instance

CALL FUNCTION 'SWE_EVENT_CREATE'

Regards,

Masa