cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record 0 :Value 'X ' of characteristic 0DATE is not a number with 000008

0 Kudos

I am loading an Infocube from an ODS. The load fails with this message: "Record 0 :Value 'X ' of characteristic 0DATE is not a number with 000008 spaces". The record is marked in PSA, but as you can see the record is the numer 0 !?!... When I go to PSA-manteinance all records are in green. The are no records with errors in PSA. I can't find any more information on this error anywhere.

Besides I don't have infoobject 0DATE in the Infocube, but I assume it refers to the other date Infoobject that are referenced to 0DATE (as 0PSTNG_DATE, 0CALDAY, etc). Finally I can't see any 'X' anywhere.

I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Manuel.-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sbastien_francal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel,

Do you get this message between the PSA and the ODS, or between the ODS and the cube? If it's after the ODS, did you have a look at that particular record in the ODS?

0 Kudos

This is between the PSA and the Cube. More specifically, after the update rules and the Cube. I have a pretty complex Start routine in UR. But I revised and I don't see where I could be assigning an X to a DATE Infoobject. All infoobjects are filled with data from Infoobjects of the same type.

And that's the problem. The record does not exist in PSA or the ODS. Maybe "Record 0" means its a record generated between PSA and the Cube, nad that is why all record in PSA are correct.

sbastien_francal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If that record isn't in the ODS, and that your cube is populated only from it, then it's probably because of your start routine. Did you try to run it in debug mode?

0 Kudos

Sorry... my mistake... I had a routine in an Infoobject that was assigning an X which I don't know where it came from... Thanks Sebastien