cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Proc and Forms....Start Application not responding?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have configured a custom process for the new HCM Processes and Forms. Everything checks fine and in the portal, the initiator.....in this case, under the HR Administrator business package....brings up the Start Process application. I can select and employee in the first step....select the process I made in the second step....but then in the third step, Edit....it displays my interactie form perfectly. I can edit the form and what not without problem. However, NONE of the links, buttons, etc from the Start Application respond at that point (the "Show Links" link, the "add attachment" button, the "previous step" button and the "check and send" button). All of them are non-responsive so I am just "stuck" on that step and can do nothing.

Has anyone come across this? Any ideas?

EP 7

ECC 6.0

Adobe Reader 8.1 (local install)

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Any luck on this issue? I'm facing this issue in a ESS travel scenario (displaying trip forms). Users have Adobe Reader 8.1.2.

.: HP

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Simon. The second one sounds like the issue. I will let you know.

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction SFP, click on 'Layout' tab. Then in the SAP menu, click on 'Utilities - Insert Webdynpro Script'.

If you are not in the layout tab this option is not available.

This inserts a webdynpro script which makes the webdynpro buttons to work.

In HCM forms and Processes this script is mandatory, without this the from will not proceed further.

Regards

Srikanth KV

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some more info....today we looked at it on a co-workers machine running the Adobe Reader 7.0 version. This time, we were actually able to see a pop-up error message that reads:

<i>Server Error:

Class: UCF_AcroForm

Method: Error

Could not send message!</i>

Sooo.....any help now?

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher,

the problem is most probably realted to the Adobe form infrastructure. If you are already using the ZCI technique (see SAP note 953982), i.e. if you are on

NW04S SP8, SAP_APPL SP5 and EA-HR SP5, then please apply the SAP note 1101340.

Best regards,

Simon

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

crickets ? 😃