cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM - Bin Changable at TO confirmation for Removal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using FIFO Strategy for Stock Removal. At the time of TO confirmation we are not able to change the Bin No.. It is greyed out by default.

However for TO confirmation for Putaway, we are able to change the Bin No.

Pls advise what setting is required to make the Bin No changable at TO confimation for Removal.

Thanks & Best Regards

--Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

When you are saying you are using FIFO to pick the materials from the bin location...then why you need to change the bin location while picking...your strategy is based on the GR DATE at the quant level and the system will search for the old batch and pick that... what is the reason you want to change the bin while picking...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srisha

Thanks for ur reply.

Though we have FIFO in place & system suggests the Bin as per Quant date still in certain exceptional cases the user is picking the material from other Bin.

The client wants the Bin no. as suggestion & not as binding hence I need to give an option of changing the Bin at TO confirmation.

Also pls tell me if this is becoz of FIFO or in general it is not possible. We are using "No Strategy" (Calling Bin List) for Removal in other storage type & there also we are not able to change.

Pls guide where in the system I can find the settings.

Regards

--Vikas

sarvesh_gudapati2
Contributor
0 Kudos

configuration for Destination bin change during confirmation is possible only for putaway transfer orders at storage type level. For picks, during creation of transfer order itself you can verify if the bin is correct or not, otherwise manually enter the correct bin during TO creation. That would let you pick from the bin you intend to pick from. You canot change bin during TO confirmation for pick TOs.