cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling & Calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are facing following problem related to the project scheduling.

We are using external activities (mostly).

The normal calendar we maintain in project profile is a calendar with fixed holidays.

Ours is a construction industry scenario, where due to seasonal weather conditions (say rain etc) the output gets severely affected. So we want to have flexibility of declaring such days, with almost no output due to bad weather as holiday.

Any suggestions or Tips would be of great value.

Regards,

Seemant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seemant,

Make Changes in the factory calender by creating a special rule in T Code SCAL.

Transport the Factory Calender manually.

Please come back & let me know if this works.

Reward Points.

Regards'

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

External activity is not governed by factory calender (Factory calender governs only those activities which are internal to it.). The scheduling of external activity takes place on 1. Duration which you maintain in plan delivery time field. 2. Relation type of the activity with other internal or external actiivities.

So in case your external activity gets delayed you can change the plan delivery time and re-schedule.

Reward points if useful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In our case we have applied a patch using which we have linked the duration data in internal activity table for scheduling of external activity.Thus factory calender becomes relevant in this case.

Any idea how we can manipulate factory calendar.So that it reflects in scheduling.

Regards,

Seemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seemant,

You could define a factory calendar with all days as working days and assign the same to your workcenter.Also assign a control key that's relevant for scheduling to the operation as well, in order to schedule that particular external operation.

It might be very difficult to achieve precise scheduling with reference to natural calamities, you might want to take these considerations and provide sufficient buffer on your activities based on practical considerations.

However if you would still like to maintain and track, if on that specific morning you would come to know because of weather conditions you may not be able to perform the activity, then you may have to change the calendar associated to it and mark that specific day as a holiday(If you are sure that the entire day would be a holiday. I Don't think you would be able to change the calendar directly in the Production box and you may have to transport the same ).However i am also not sure if the system would also immediately refresh the buffer of the calendar once you do this.After changing the calendar you may have to reschedule the project to adjust the dates. Having said this, you could also do the same the next day and have the dates adjusted as appropriate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I am working on same line.The real problem would be if the changes made in devlopment, ie declaring particular day as holiday, would be update in already existing projects in production, once we transport the Workbench Request.I will check and get back as soon as I see the results.

Regards,

Seemant