Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification in cprojects when task is completed

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on cProjects 4.0 on ECC6.

I am trying for the scenario of generating email notification once the Status of the task is changed to complete.

Smart forms are available but I am not very sure which smartform will be used and where should I assign smartform ????

Where should I define email ID ????

What all other settings in SPRO are required ?????

I have checked the assignment between the system status and and the events for the status object types. I think it is there but I could not make out anything.

Can sombody share the documets if they have any ????

Hoping to hear soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niraj,

You dont need a smartform to send email out of sap.All you need is to call the relevant FM to send a email out.

You can extend your object type ,by creating a subtype(If a object exists, else you can create your own custom object type) and create a custom method which would handle this process. This method can then be called by a standard task which would be trigerred by the "Complete" task event.

Granted you would need to setp the SCOT transaction for communication from SAP to the outside world.

Generally these email ID are stored in some master data associated to the object or in the object itself. If neither of those suit your needs, if the email ID is always going to be constant, you can store the same in TVARV table and read the same on your method for generating the email.

Hope this helps you move forward.

Thanks

Narasimhan

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for reply Narasimhan,

As you said you do not need a smartform to send a email out of SAP, but in Configuration document for cProjects mentions that for sending emails from cProjects you need to include SAP Smart Forms as templates for e-mails and groupware tasks in Resource Management.

Secondly you have mentioned that you need to create a custom method that would handle the process of sending email, how can I create the same ???? And based on what, the body and subject of email will be decided ???? Also there are different forms for email and groupware communication are available in Resource Management customizing. My confusion is that which form will the workflow will pick up and generate an email ????

Otherwise SCOT settings have been done, email IDs have been maintained for BPs.

Hope to hear.

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niraj,

It looks like you have standard objects for Cprojects then.I wasnt aware of those settings. I was more referring to generating a custom workflow and sending the same.

If functionality is availble for attaching forms, then the functionality would generally follow messaging functionality in Purchasing and SD areas.

I am sorry that i may not be able to be of more help here.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

The standard Evaluations (and Extract Layouts) do not have the status related attributes included. What you need to do is create an extract layout. Because you need to have alerts based on status, you'd need to include 'SYSTEM_STATUS as one of the attributes for this extract layout.

Next, assign this extract layout to a project type. And the create Evaluations. Having defined the severity, you'd need to define the threshold. The formula for the status you are loking for woudl read:

SYSTEM_STATUS = 'I1702'

You should be able to receive alerts. Make sure that you have defined 'A background processing; User' or 'With Check' for 'Check for threshold Violations' under Project Type. And you should be able to have the system send alerts.

Regards...

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

As per my understanding youa re talking about Making Settings for Alerts, where as my question is for Activating workflow for Status Administration.

Now my issue has been solved, I have taken help of Workflow consultant nad she could find out that there was emai ID was not maintained for the resource in SU01 transaction, which has been maintained now I can see email in SOST transaction.

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there are some settings to be done in T code SCOT

also

Collaboration Projects >> Resource Management >> Basic Settings for Resource Management >> Assign Forms for E-mail and Groupware Communication

here you may attach forms

Niranjan

Award if useful

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan

Yes, I thnik We need to maintain Email ID in SCOT transaction.

There are forms for email available in the path you have showed. But I am not aware which forms will be used to trigger the email.

Do you have any document related to this scenario????

If any please send me on niraj.sikligar@lntinfotech.com

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

My email ID : niraj.sikligar@lntinfotech.com

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar