cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we make use of DIMENSIONS in SAP Business One ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone... how can the dimensions be used for detailed information.. pls reply on it.. its urgent,,

Thanx

Abhay Sharma

+91-98996-89449

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys,

my problem is, in my client's place, they have 3 different departments but have only one head office. so how do i define these?can i use dimensions for this or culd it be done thru account segmentation? which will help me out and serve purpose? pls help me out....

Edited by: Aarthi Govindharajan on Apr 4, 2008 9:00 AM

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for sales of items I would direct you to look into two areas first...

Reports > Sales and Purchasing > Sales Analysis > Item Tab and enter the appropriate information there...

but many times individuals want to see the WHOLE life cycle of a product and that can be found in the second area...

Reports > Inventory > Inventory Audit Trail

People LOVE this report (especially when you use the "Group by Warehouses" check box)...

Zal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all - i have a query in this context.

I am facing problem in segmented report.

The COA is divided in different segments such as Company - Region - Branch -Location and generated codes accordingly.

My problem is in all the Reports (Trial / P&L/ Journa List) filter for segments is not happening although i am selecting necessary options.

It is always showing same results (that is for all branches / locations)

Anyone can highlight on this ?

Thnx in advance

Indrajit

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for education and certification stuff - look here...

SAP Service Market Place > SAP Partner Portal > Education

Once you get to the education portion of the SAP Partner Portal, you will see various items about certification and ELearning...they also have some great classes there that are instructor led and are done with live meetings that are done through WebEx. The WebEx meetings are probably the best because you would cover many topics, they have assignments, and you can go back to the documentation they provide - check it out!

I never went for certification - I personally did not see a need for certification, as the best certification is the ability to pass out customer references and such...

Good Luck - Zal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i apply more than 5 dimensions or for example..

if i have a trading company.. in this i sale items like TV, DVD, PC.. and PC has types like P4, P3, Celeon, etc...and if i want to chk sale of PC and in PC only P4.... can i do this??

i mean to ask that can i apply dimensions on dimensions like tree structure....

Thanx...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. I will try this out....

can u tell me about the certifications in SAP B1 and what type of prep is needed for this.. and from where i can get it....

thanks

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK - try this and start out with it in your test system first...

Financials > Cost Accounting > various screens...to set up profit centers and the rate of distribution, etc

I am personally not aware of any documentation as I have just tested and re-tested until I got the results I was looking for - I find the best way to learn is to try all sorts of combinations...<b>maybe someone else knows?</b>

Zal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well thanks to u.

Now if i m configuring SAP B1 with multiple Branches. i think i have to include all the Branches in my COA. and how can i apply those configured dimensions to them.. how to start i m not getting this... Can u provide me the configuration process study material.. or any link for this..

Thanks..

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe a bit closer this time?

<b>IF you have your branches set up as "Profit Centers",</b> then you can run an individual trial balance on each profit center as follows...

Reports > Financials > Trial Balance > Trial Balance - Selection Criteria Window

On the Selection Criteria Window, uncheck "BP" box and then select the account categories/accounts you want to have in the trial balance.

Then select the "Expanded" button in the lower right hand corner and it leads to the Expanded Selection Criteria Window.

Select the individual Profit Center (branch) you want and then run the report...you might want to then run a report with all branches as a control/audit report...

Hope that helps...

Zal

zal_parchem2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhay...

It might help if you define your question just a little bit better...I think it might be a bit too wide for folks to respond, since I am sure many folks have done lots of things with dimensions...

1. What are YOU trying to do with dimensions? Is there some kind of task you are attempting to accomplish? Maybe a small description of what you believe you have to work on?

2. Are you looking at a screen and/or fields when you refer to dimensions?

Just a small hint that might get you more postings...as a matter of fact, it most certainly will get you more responses...

Take care - Zal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we have multiple branches of company and we wish to check the trail balance of individual company. how can we do this..?? If Dimensions are configured we can use only 2 of 5 dimensions.

if there is any study material regarding Dimensions. pls help me out..

Thanks..