cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application error does not raise alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN Warriors

A question regarding the alerting! We set up a simple alert category to be informed by mail for any kind of error. Everything works fine, we have been informed by mail if we receive a system error or what ever.

Only one interface is not raising this alert. The synchronous interface raises sometimes an exception of kind

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="UNKNOWN">APPLICATION_ERROR</SAP:Code>

But we do not receive an alert.

Is this not an error from alerting point of view or is it maybe a bug. We are on PI70 SPS13.

Let me know your experience.

Regards Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

we now received an answerer from SAP:

unfortunately, for application errors occuring on Adapter Engine side,

no alert trggering is possible, because there the status 'Application

error' does not exist. The status of these messages is 'Successful'.

This is the case in yuor test message.

However, for application errors occuring on an Intgration Engine,

alerts can be triggered.

Obviously the functionality to receive an alert is not implemented if a receiver issues an application error.

Regards Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

any idea, why an error of kind APPLICATION_ERROR will not raise an alert?

Thanks Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ideal situation it should raise alert.

what you did in configuration? Did you made alert rule for integration engine and adapter engine in RWB??

If yes then it should raise alert. Just check your configuration again if you missed something including receipent configuration.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav

first thanks for your answere. I think the configuration is complete, because I create an alert configuration which worked fine and the coresponding rule has no restriction. As I said it works for all other errors but not for the application error.

Regards Oliver

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I guess, you are using some senario and using a SOAP Adapter. If it is correct check out the adapter setting for the file if you are using. it shud be sender and Soap adapter as receiver. Also check out if you are getting a response code from webservice like Http OK and something like that.

Check out this blog also for SOAP errors : /people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/16/xi-propagation-of-meaningful-error-information-to-soap-client

hope this will help you.

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful.