cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring of older RFC Adapter messages - RFC API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have successfully implemented a number of scenarios (File to rfc & File to Idoc)that required external data lookup - using the RFC API (calling a customer RFC FM) (and parsing the response with DOM).

I am also using Global variables to store my lookup responses to help minimize the number of RFC calls invoked.

When trouble shooting - as expected the log in the communication channel for the RFC adapter shows the BAPI response. However the number of records is always restricted to 25.

If I process a message with 30 records, and lets say the first RFC Lookup fails but the remaining 29 are successfully - because the log is limited to 25 I lose a record of this error.

Am I missing another method of search?

Is this just a display restriction and perhaps I could report over the underlying tables myself?

Regards

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Communication channel monitoring is as i understood primarily für monitoring the module chain a message is eventually running through. Did you try monitoring via RWB->Message Monitoring or sxmb_moni? There also should be a reference to the response. Maybe I didn´t get you right, but as far as I remember RFC Calls are also listed there with a bigger history.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew !

Try changing the trace level.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

Regards,

Matias.