cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,,,

When exactly the open item is considered due? and when it becomes overdue?

How exactly these days are calculated in system using 'payment term'.

Suppose, today 1decemebr 2007 an invoice is posted. pay term of customer is 15 days> so till when it will be due and overdue?

-Thanks. (Please answer if you are darn sure about it. i am 2 much confused)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant

Will try to explain with your example itself.

As per your agreement, the payment will fall due on 16th December and the customer is suppose to effect payment within two three days maximum. <i><b>This we can call as DUE</b></i>. At the worst case, it can exceed to 5 - 7 days which varies from company to company.

If the payment exceeds beyond this<i><b> then it is overdue</b></i>. Got it?? ::))

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laxmi... thx vry much.

What makes me wonder is that 2-3 or 5-7 days u said. Is it unknown unsaid understanding between 2 businesses?

Then how system decides when to show the item to be 'overdue'? whr u define such period?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

The Open item is a term used for Credit management calculation purpose.

With your own example if the invoice is posted on 1'st Dec 2007 and payment term is 15 days.

So if the payment is not received within the 15 days and customer orders one more order then the sales order will be blocked for credit.

The system responce will be sales order blocked for crdit.Oldest of open items overdue

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amrish ... Thx so much.

I know that credit part. But have u sometimes gone thru FBL5N report(cust. line items). It show all open/due/overdue/parked/cleared items.

So I m confused with the status of the item.

In my example please once again tell me .. what will b status of the item within those 15 days? what after 15 days?