Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IT MEANS "SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC"

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI ALL,

My functional consulatant is facing the problem in the system while he is doing some PO work...it shows some error message like "Error process:SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC"...

He is asking me what's the issue...is anything u r working on it....bit i didnt do anything and working on some other program which is not at all relevant to his part.

pls do advise ur comments.

thanks & regards

sankar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you try to insert/save the same values for the primary key in a table,it will throw such type of error.That is you should enter the same combination of values for primary key in a table.Primary key/Combination of Primary Key should be able to identify the record in database table uniquely.For eg., MARA table should have different material number for each record.

2 REPLIES 2

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error arises when a program tries to insert a record into a table on the database, with the same key as a record already on the database.

If this is happening in a standard SAP program, then you or the functional guy should check on OSS for a fix, or log a call with SAP.

If it's happening in your own, you'll have to fix the program yourself.

ST22 will show you details about the error.

matt

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you try to insert/save the same values for the primary key in a table,it will throw such type of error.That is you should enter the same combination of values for primary key in a table.Primary key/Combination of Primary Key should be able to identify the record in database table uniquely.For eg., MARA table should have different material number for each record.