Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autho. not getting active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Eg. I want to debug the program which gives me some error. so /h was not autho. for me. Then from another session I have given the autho for debug( and refresh). again started the transaction and it worked. but I have found that for some autho. it did not work. I have to logoff and logon again to take the effect.

So could anybody clear these issue as what autho. will take effect while logoff/logn and which will take effect just by refreshing in the sap main menu.?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Auth/new_buffering is the profile parameter which controls the updating the authorizations in user buffers.

if this profile parameter is 4 then there is no need of logoff, the authorization changes gets activited immediately for the user but it doesn't update the user menu with the new transactionsyou given thru the new role, for that you need to refresh the menu.

the only purpose of refreshing the menu is, to update the user menu with the transactions that comes in with the new roles you added to the user.

as far i know, this parameter is given 4 by default by SAP from 6.10. so there is no reason of logoff necessary if you are above 6.10.

check with sapnote 209899.

0 Kudos

While auth/new_buffering=4 works most of the time, a few of my clients have had plenty of instances where users are required to logoff to update their access.

0 Kudos

Hi

A quick way to refresh your userbuffer is to go to su53 and in the first pull down you see Rset User Buffer.

Mostly when an object has been changed in a role you don't need to refresh the user buffer. SU53 is handy to do so.

Have fun

Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

auth/new_buffering=4 is already present. But dont work.

0 Kudos

Have you activated this param for all app server system profiles?

As I said before, I've noticed it's application being "patchy" at some clients. If yours isn't working at all then maybe raise a call with SAP.

0 Kudos

you could also use 'Tcode' <b>/$sync</b>. this will reset all buffers (not just your own user's). obviously depending on the other users that are logged on at the time...