Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when calling RFC: "No RFC authorization for user ..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I call an RFC from my system It is showing the logon screen of the system where the RFC FM relies. once I enter user id and password there,, it is going for a dump!.

The error it shows like "No RFC authorization for user .... on the called page"

How can i resolve this issue?.

Also how to make automatic login to the target system instead of entering user id and password in the logon pad ?..

Help me 4 Points,

Thanks in advance, Sudeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The missing RFC value is usually in the dump analysis. Run through that and it will give you the function group that is missing from S_RFC

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

the user in the target system should have RFC authorisations object S_RFC.

It is advisible NOT to create users with automatic logon in any system. As this is creating a security leak. It should only be allowed for situations were there is no other option. And it that case the uid in the target system should have very little authorisations. This kind of access is arranged in TRX SM59.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The missing RFC value is usually in the dump analysis. Run through that and it will give you the function group that is missing from S_RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudeep,

Take a look at <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/693220">SAP note 693220</a>

Quote: You can use the 'Security Audit Log' (transaction SM19 and SM20) to log the started 
transactions and called RFC function modules in an efficient way during your test operation. 
You can then determine the necessary authorizations from this log. The 'Security Audit Log' does 
not cost any performance, unlike the authorization trace of transaction ST01. If you want to 
refine your existing, rough authorization concept, you can therefore also carry out this analysis 
in the current production operation.

Cheers,

Julius