cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need to maintain PIRs ( MD61) in REM cycle ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Do we need to maintain PIRs ( MD61) in REM cycle, if yes in<b> what way does PIRs(MD61) help in REM cycle</b>

As we can maintain the same PIRs in MF50 (Planning Table ) , instead of

maintaining in MD61

Also in MD61 or MF50 - PIRs are being maintained manually, there is not much effect

Any suggestions

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is same whether you maintain requirement in MF50 or MD61. Actually, It depends on your business process. As example, if you maintain SOP and you have already created and confirmed production plan with sales people then you can transfer its production plan to demand management (MD61). So, from this you can run planning table for REM. But if your business doesn't need SOP or Demand management, then you can just make requirement manually on planning table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please consider this scenario, I have three different production versions for the same material and if I give demand for the material, which production version will it take in MD61.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I presume that while creating the PIRs the system does not take <b>production versions</b> in to the consideration

The whole objective of PIRs is to maintain demand ( or planned orders) before sales orders arrives

In Planning table MF50, we maintain the production version that needs to be choosen for capacity requirements ,scheduling & dispatching

For a given material, if we want all the production versions need to maintained then <b>In selection by Production Versions in MF50</b>, we select radio button <b>material</b> instead of <b>production line</b>

Only one production version needs to choosen, then select radio buttion production line in MF50

If you have questions, please come back

Open for discussions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jags,

In MD61 itself u have the option to enter demand for Production version.

Inside the table -> Sched.lines tab->Settings-> production version , likewise u can assign planned qty for production version of one material.

If u didnot any define prod version here, demand will go for first valid production version of the material. Bcz sytem will select first valid prod version by default during MRP run

Regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Easwar,

As per Pradeep kumar suggested <b>"If u didn't any define prod version here, demand will go for first valid production version of the material. Bcz sytem will select first valid prod version by default during MRP run"</b>

My obsevation is system will check valid the production version by <b>Lot size and Date</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

thank you for clearing my doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was a good observation & answer to the question

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eshwer.

In REM cycle, normally we can maintain PIR directly in the planning table MF50 but for a confirm requirement with out sales order you also can maitain the requirement in MD61, go to edit and make yr plan synchronous to sales.

Thats it.

Rgds,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shinde

Thank you for your reply

can you be more elaborate on the above