Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway and tracking of materials...*** Urgent ***

former_member1031088
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Here are the scenarios how materials come to the warehouse.

<b>Scenario---01</b>

Day 1 <b> Material 01</b> Batch A <b> Manufacturer 01</b>

Day 2 <b>Material 01 </b> Batch B <b> Manufacturer 01</b>

<b>Scenario --- 02</b>

Day 1 <b> Material 01 </b> Batch A <b> Manufacturer 01</b>

Day 2 <b> Material 01 </b> Batch A <b> Manufacturer 01</b>

<b>Scenario --- 03</b>

Day 1 <b> Material 01 </b> Batch A <b> Manufacturer 01</b>

Day 2 <b> Material 02</b> Batch B <b>Manufacturer 02</b>

We being the Pharma whole sale distributors have to follow Pedigree.

Pedigree basically means we need to inform the FDA about when we received the particular material,what was the batch number who was the manufacturer and where was the particular material sent . This is from the birth till the death of the product.

My Question is what is the best way to <b>track this </b>and what will be the best way to putaway the materials.

Will <b>Storage unit management</b> be helpful in this kind of tracking or do we have to create SU every time a material is arrived and store it at a different bin.

Your advise and comments will be appreciated

Regards

Albert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

As I know SU management is not for traceability, but it is to make your life in WH easier if your physical processes make it possible to use it.

SU management means that you will handle the goods in packaging units in your WH (on pallets, in containers, etc).

If you add goods to a SU or remove them from a SU, or during a movement in the WH your packaging unit gets a new SU_ID your traceability will fail I think.

materialA batch1 SU1 10 pcs

materialA batch2 SU2 15 pcs

>>

materialA batch1 SU1 8 pcs

materialA batch1 SU2 2 pcs

materialA batch2 SU2 15 pcs

(At this point it is evident I think that SU_ID cannot be used to trace the material flow)

If you will use mixed pallets (e.g.) and you will pick up goods for outbound deliveries you have little chance to realize your idea through SUs.

Batch management isn't a solution for this?

Please check:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c6/f846014afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

BR

Csaba

former_member1031088
Participant
0 Kudos

Csaba,

I really appreciate your answer .So what do you advise so that tracking is easy .

Regards

Albert

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

I don not want to mislead you because my experience is limited but I think that batch management can be used for that purpose.

(the batch remains the same independently from the material movement made in the WH [both physically and SAP] and you can trace the batch in IM too. To trace the materials in IM is important I think because your POs & SOs belong to IM. To make a connection between SU_ID and POs & SOs seems to be more difficult to me because SU_ID belongs directly to WM but the orders to IM).

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LOBM/LOBM.pdf

BR

Csaba

Answers (0)