cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my senario i have 4 Storage locations 1001,1002,1003,1004 asigned to the material.

Now i dont want 1003 and 1004.I want to delete it for that specific materail

How to delete it.

My Ananlysis.

I have put deletion flag for storage location but still system is allowing for GR in that storage location and just giving a warning message .

Tried in MMSC also. But system is not directly allowing me to delete the location in MMSC through deletion flag.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Assuming that you have create a Material master in Plant : P001 and Storage location : 0001 and 0002.

Later, you would like to delete storage location : 0002 in this Material master.

In MM06 Enter Material number, plant and storage location.

Press enter, and set the cross in front of storage location.

Next, you need to run archiving to get it physically out of the SAP system.

Reward if useful.

Regards,

pherasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

After setting deletion flag for storage locatio in mm06 system is giving warning messgae and also allowing to do GR in that storage location.

is thare any settings to stop that GR.

amit

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

If you mark the material at storage location level with DF it won't prevent the material from being posted under that SL.

1. You can define in Customizing that the materials marked with deletion flag should be blocked for any movement (sorry I cannot remember where you can reach it. Maybe the experts can help you). The problem that as I remember it works at plant/client (?) level.

2. You can create an inventory doc for the material(s) & for the storage location(s). If you select that they may be blocked for posting (in the phys. inv. doc.) you've reached your purpose. (I don't like such kind of solutions but it's more than nothing)

3. You can change the ID of the SL. (This is also very strange but...)

Please check:

http://www.sap-img.com/materials/sap-mm-configuration-tips.htm

BR

Csaba

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

Check with T code MM06 - Flag material for deletion by giving the

material,plant,storage location as the input and after executing,by selecting the

tick mark for storage location.

Regards

Mangal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have already done it

pl. refer my message.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After setting flag at storage location level in MMSC, if u run MM71 - Archive for that material alone, what will happen...

My doubt is, if the material will be archived from storage location level or plant level

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

If you are very sure you will not use the SL in future you can directly go to OX09 and delete the SL from there it self but as I said try this if you are confirm.

Rgds,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But that same storage location i am using for so many material hence this optionis not suitable.

If any thing

pl. update.

Amit