cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

few doubts in xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)what is decentralised adapter engine?

2)what is the use of dynamic text in the tcode ALRTCATDEF?

3)IF the partner type is not equal to logical system(LS) then i think it is necessary to create the partner profiles if equal to LS no need to create partner profiles - JUSTIFY THE STATEMENT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chandra,

1) decentralised AE is an instance of AE that is not hosted on integration server. That is u install AE on some other host. this is usually done to have ur adapter engine "nearer" to business system ... may be due to some firewall issues or sharing the load of central AE or for improving the performance etc.

It wrks the same way as ur central AE.

2) dynamic text lets while defining alert categories lets u define kind of some variable container at that time and u can give actual text later. this is done wen the text is not known or may be dependent on other values at the time of defining alert categories.

3) u will need to define partner profiles for partner type Ls as well...this is how ur system gets to know the message types for a particular port.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/events/webinars/co...

2.<i>Select Dynamic Text if the texts of the alert category cannot be defined at this stage. This refers to situations in which the texts are not known until runtime, for example when CCMS Alerts are forwarded to ALM</i>.No translation can be performed for alerts with dynamic text. System messages can be entered manually in several languages.