cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.0 SR2 Installation error - Configure UME phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am installing NW 7.0 SR2 on AIX 5.3 w/ Oracle 10.2.0.2 and have run into an error in the UME phase of the installation.

The errors I'm seeing in the sapinst.log and licenseinstaller.log are as follows:

WARNING 2007-11-29 13:16:34

Execution of the command "/usr/java14_64/bin/java -classpath /oracle/VRS/oradmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/launcher.jar -Xmx256m -Xj9 com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.InstallFirstTempLicense /usr/sap/VRS/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar:/usr/sap/VRS/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar:/usr/sap/VRS/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar:/usr/sap/VRS/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar:/usr/sap/VRS/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar:/oracle/VRS/oradmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/install/lib:/oracle/VRS/oradmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib:/oracle/client/10x_64/instantclient/ojdbc14.jar /oracle/VRS/oradmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/licenseinstaller.properties" finished with return code 13. Output:

PerfTimes : loadNativeLayer: loading jperflib failed. jperflib (Not found in java.library.path)

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:195)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.MessageHeader.read(MessageHeader.java:322)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.KeySystemImpl.getHwId(KeySystemImpl.java:127)

at com.sap.security.core.server.likey.Admin.<init>(Admin.java:535)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.Installer.<init>(Installer.java:76)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.InstallFirstTempLicense.start(InstallFirstTempLicense.java:91)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.InstallFirstTempLicense.main(InstallFirstTempLicense.java:59)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Could not get the hardware key.

java.net.SocketException: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:113)

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:157)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.MessageHeader.write(MessageHeader.java:292)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.KeySystemImpl.getDumpInfo(KeySystemImpl.java:215)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.KeySystemImpl.getParams(KeySystemImpl.java:179)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.KeySystemImpl.getSystemId(KeySystemImpl.java:158)

at com.sap.security.core.server.likey.Admin.<init>(Admin.java:540)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.Installer.<init>(Installer.java:76)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.InstallFirstTempLicense.start(InstallFirstTempLicense.java:91)

at com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.InstallFirstTempLicense.main(InstallFirstTempLicense.java:59)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Could not get the System ID (SID).

Can't install a temporary license key because the system ID is unknown.

ERROR 2007-11-29 13:16:34

CJS-20019 Error when installing temporary license.<br>DIAGNOSIS: External systems are not available.<br>SOLUTION: Check connection to DB and messaging service.

ERROR 2007-11-29 13:16:34

FCO-00011 The step installTempLicense with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_Configure_Java|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|installTempLicense was executed with status ERROR .

It appears that the issue is related to the installers inability to install a temp license and that is cuased by the installer not being able to connect to the DB. I'm not sure where to look at this point.

I did try R3trans -d and received a bunch of error information, so that might be the right direction to be looking, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else ever experience this type of problem?

Thanks.

Matthew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, but I've already stopped the install, shutdown the database, rebooted the server, started the database, and then re-ran the NW sapinst, but am still having issues.

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the port 39xx using <b>netstat</b> and free this port and restart sapinst.

I hope this helps!!!

tamilboy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check your database? to see if it's running. Shutdown & restart the database and continue the install.

regards,

tamilboy