Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to manage data in a custom table added in SBO?

Hello,

I'm developing a addon for one client that needs to control an aditional step, after each Invoice is posted.

Since SBO does not allow me to add additional fields to Invoice header table (OINV), I thought to add a custom table to SBO database to control the process for each Invoice (simple table with 2 columns: DocNum to hold the Invoice number, and Status to keep track if the Invoice was processed or not).

When I added a Custom Table in SBO and checked the table definition in SQL Manager, I found that SBO added automatically 2 new columns (Code and Name).

Since the PK is defined at Code column (and not the DocNum has I wanted), I found that it not very handy to manage data (insert, delete & update) with this table definition.

I tried to find a DI object that could manage easily the data of this table type but had no sucess.

Then I thought in adding the custom table directly in SQL Manager, and manage it directly with Recordet objects.

However this seems not a standard process to manage data since it interacts directly with the DBMS, which can be dangerous...

Is there any way or DI object to manage this custom tables added in SBO?

Thanks all!

Manuel Dias

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question