cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing 4.6c in Oracle 10g

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to migrate from R/3 4.6c/Oracle 8/Sun Solaris to R/3/HPunix and then upgrade 4.6c to ECC 6.0

So we had planned to install 4.6c in oracle 10g and then migrate 4.6c from solaris to HP UX and then perform the upgrade to ECC 6.0

I have few questions:

1. Can we install 4.6c in oracle 10 g directly?, If yes, do we need to consider any thing specific?

2. I have checked the service market place to download 4.6c software but couldnot as it was outdated, can you please help to find the softwares for 4.6c.

Thanks

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

4.6c is supported on 10g but you will need the 4.6D special kernel.

Search OSS for it...let me know if you don't find it...I can pull it up for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Can you pl help me find the relevant SAP Note. I can see this note 940794 but it doesn't say about the special kernel.

Can you also pl help me find the special SAP Kernel in the service market place

Thanks

Senthil

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already said- you will only be able to download the 46D_EXT kernel if you have an extended maintenance contract for your system. If you don't have that, you won't "see" those kernels.

--

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

These 2 notes should help explain things:

Note 940794 - Releasing Oracle 10.2 versions for older SAP versions

Note 946141 - Inst. SAP Systems on UX/Oracle 10.2 with R3SETUP

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need an extended maintenance contract to access 4.6c software.

Additionally you will need to purchase a certified consultant for the migration since it´s heterogeneous (check http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration), if you don´t do that, you will loose support for your production system.

--

Markus