cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding issue after CTM run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus:

I find a strange result for the rounding of SAP APO. In the IMG setting, I check the UoM "EA", and there is no decimal place set here (Blank). So supposedly, after CTM run, CTM should not suggest any planned orders with decimal places. But it happens. And I also check my PPMs, there is no decimal values there.

So, I set "Round order quantity" in the technical setting of CTM profile. But the result is still weird. For example, before set this indicator, system suggest me to build 19.5 EAs for finished goods and use 39 EAs for semi-finished goods. (In PPM the consumption qty is 2). But after set rounding, system suggest me to build 20 for finished goods, but still use only 39 EAs for semi-finished goods.

Is there any setting I missed in the CTM or master data? Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Scott Chen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I've found the solution for this issue. Even you set there is no decimal places in the UoM of IMG, but after CTM, there is still some chances to get the decimal results. You have to set rounding value = 1 in the product master, and then the issue resolved. Hope this would be helpful for you. Thanks for your help.

regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei-Chen,

I am facing the same issue. I have checked that the rounding value is set to 1 in product master also. What else could be the issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai this is nagesh,

iam working on sap sd,

now i want change over to APO.

pl give me suggesions on this

Thanks/Regards.

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way...now..I use infinitely capacity, so resource should not be the issue. I just don't now why CTM rounding like this...so weired.....

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope your lot sizes are not defined in decimals. Though that looks to be very remote.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked all the UoMs in the planning book, all of them are EA. And I also checked product master, all materials are EA. The only thing I don't get is resource dimension UoM. What's that? How can I check that? Did I miss something?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Scott Chen

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm that all the UoMs that you are working with namely the planning area UoM, Resource dimension UoM and the Product Master's base UoMs are all in EA ? I suspect one of them may not be in EA which may be causing this issue. I do not think this is a CTM specific behaviour. Can you confirm if you are getting the same result with Heuristics ?