cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfect way to store Images and to display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am designing a Web Shop application in web Dynpro Java, which retrieves Products from backend ECC system through a BAPI. For all these products, respective Images need to be displayed on the Screen. There may be more than 300 products. Each product will have a thumbnail and enlarged image.

I have no idea on the common/best approach to store images and to how to display them in the web dynpro screen. Does anybody have an idea on how to achieve this?. Please provide some thoughts and ideas.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SAP Where this products are stored?

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

These Products will be stored in ECC system. We use BAPI to retrieve these products. So I want to device an efficient way to store the image of these products.

appreciate your help.

Regards,

Raj.

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the below blog. This will help you to solve your issue:

<a href="/people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/11/12/how-to-create-attachments-in-business-transaction-from-webdynprojava attachments in Business Transaction from Webdynpro</a>

<a href="/people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/11/29/displaydelete-attachment-from-business-transactions-using-webdynpro-java attachment using Webdynpro</a>

Raja T

Message was edited by:

Raja Thangamani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

I think u misunderstood my question. I dont want to create attachments.I just want to display, they need not be stored in ECC. Retrieving lots of images through RFCs will impact performance.

I just want to know the best practice. Please let me know if you know any like storing in KM, Document Management System (no idea).

Thanks,

raj.

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understood your question. Storing in DMS required configuration. The link i posted, will read the data from BDS ( Business Document Service)

where you NO NEED to do any configuration. i.e., you can store the data without any configuration.

Raja T