Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WO -> Control tab -> Res/Req

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Any ideas for how I could enable Reservations / Purchase requisitions dropdown on the Control tab of the WO? It seems to be disabled by default.

Thanks in advance

Mantas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mantas,

You should be able to modfy those defaults at the Component or operation level. I settings at the order level arent changable.

Thanks

Narasimhan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

So you are saying that you definitely cannot enable the dropdown in the control tab of the work order?

Thanks

Mantas

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think in Standard SAP no, you can consult your ABAP'r for modification

regards

thyagarajan

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

But the common user will not have access to customising nor would he want to change it for the WO type / plant as this would affect other work orders

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes

first user wants to specify the requirments which options do they want, then you have to follow the procedure only, if you have about 100 operations then no other go you have to select for each operation only

regards

thyagarajan

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

that's the thing though - i can change it at operation level, but if I have 100 operations I would want to make this change in the control tab...

Thanks

Mantas

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

then you have to change in customization settings in which you have to select the required type.in control TAB it will show what settings you have made

regards

thyagarajan

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Well here's an extract from the help for (Define Change Docs, Collective Purc. Req. Indicator, Operati):

"Notes

The changes to the order header record document which system user has set which order status. Therefore, if you want to know who released or completed an order, you must enter an X here for the relevant order type.

Reservation/purchase requisition indicator

If this field is flagged, reservations/purchase requisitions for external operations which are relevant to materials planning are generated when the order is created, and not when the order is released.

This setting is copied to the order header as a default value and can be changed by the order processor in the order."

The above note says that there is a reservation / purchase requisition indicator, but I do not seem to see it - all I see that is relevant to the res/req is:

- Collective requsitions

- When the requisition / reservation is generated (Immediately / On Release / Never)

Anyway, it seems that it is possible to enable this dropdown... but how?

Thanks

Mantas

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Go to WO in change mode and in the operation overview screen use the horizontal scroll bar to go to the right side you can see the Reservation/Pur requisition where you can drop down or double click on the operation number and check all the other TABS you can find it

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mantas,

The documentation is right, I had just missed it and didnt realise that this control tab field was updated by a activity.

The Res/Req Indicator value in the control tab isnt Manually changable on that sub screen. That value automaticlaly gets updated when you activate the "Activate Reservation/purchase requisition" on the Application toolbar of the order. However this icon only comesup, if in the config for the order type and plant you had set the Preq/Reservation indicator to "From Release".

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Narasimhan