Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Web Service to xml to bls to xacute query formatting

I have a BLS calling a web service which returns a data set in the xMII XML format. I take that output and put it in a xml transaction output property and try to read it with an xacute query. (obviously I will be doing more manipulations to the data in the bls once i get this issue resolved). The query returns a blank page when tested.

OK, so I take the same xml output, and in the same bls use the Write_File action to create an xml file, then use the XMLLoader action to read in that file back into the bls, assign the results of the xmlLoader to the xml transaction output property and try to read that output with an xacute query. I get the data when I test the query.

Now, I don't touch the format between the web service and the file or after I load the file. How come the xacute query can read one transaction output and not the other?

I have taken both transaction propertie values from a trace log and compared the strings and find no difference between the return from the web service and the result of the xmlLoader. I don't want to take the output of the web service and write it to a file just to get in into an xml format that works properly.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question