cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering on hand-held devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Web Dynpro gurus,

I have a question concerning rendering of Web Dynpro applications on hand-held devices. We currently run our application on Intermec CK31 / Windows CE / with the bundled browser. All is cool there.

We are currently evaluating Intermec CK61 / Windows Mobile 5.0 / with the bundled browser. Apparently the SAP web app server queries the browser to determine which renderer to use. On the CK61, our application is rendered with the PieClient renderer. This is not acceptable for a number of reasons, the most serious of which is the exceptions that are thrown because the PieClient renderer does not support some of the UI Elements in the application.

Is there a way, URL parameter like sap-wd-client or something, that we can force the use of the "out of the box" (sorry, I don't know the correct term) renderer rather than the PieClient renderer? We have experimented with sap-wd-client=PieClient and Pie03Client on the CK31 / Windows CE. But with the CK61 / Windows Mobile, we have a need to go "in the other direction".

I hope this is clear. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Kelly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surely someone has dealt with this issue or can point me to reference material for device-specific rendering issues.

Thanks,

Kelly