cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative symbol/value in SAP Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to import data into a database and i am having a problem with Negative symbols. ie: I have imported data from VBAK and when i come accross a negative net value, the symbol is on the right hand side. eg: 100.00-. The database dosent recognize this as a negative value. In order to get the database to recognize it as a negative value, i need to have the negative symbol on the left hand side. eg: -100.00. Is this possible?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Avi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I dont have much abap knowledge so i am not sure where to write this code you have suggested. Please let me know where to do this and I can maybe ask someone how to go about doing this.

Thanks

Avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write a small program and change the symbol as follows :

Loop at it_vbak.

if it_vbak-netpr cs '-'.

Shift Right it_vbak-netpr.,

modify it_vbak transporting netpr.

endif.

endloop.

This would do the needful.

Thanks.

Lalit Kabra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where to write this code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I etract the data in the background using a spool file and then export the data from transaction SM37. I donot know how to do a conversion from ABAP. Is it relatively easy to do this? I cannot find any features of where i could specify how the data appears. Because the data is so large, i cannot do a workaround of removing the negative symbol from the right hand side and adding it on the left.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U got any clue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

How do u extract VBAK?

If possible, better create an ABAP to extract the data from VBAK and apply the necessary convertion rule for the figure.

Regards,

Gumanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once i too observed this starnge pattern, but could not recollect what my techie team did for this..

Pl do it once in background and check ..sorry not able to help you out..

will follow this thread to find any clues..

Reg

Shan