cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable input screen loading slow after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

We have just upgraded to BI7.0 SP14. We are noticing that from BW Analyzer when we launch a query, it is taking much longer to load the variable input screen as compared to when we were in BW 3.5.

Has anybody noticed this behavior and any cure for this?

Thanks

Viren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump.

We are having a similar issue, and I'm sure Viren would give points to anyone that can help out.

One point that I've noticed appears slow is when I run a query and select the "find" icon when selecting a variable value. The window listing the valid values to choose takes 7 minutes to open. I changed the settings for the infoobject to use the Master Data table when providing this list, however it still appears to be searching the actual data.

Any help is appreciated.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Do you have solution?

I think the window to select a filter value is loading all values, not only the first 1000 values. On the other hand when I use the select filter value window in the query designer is running fast.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are having this problem on selection screen for ODS here is solution

As per SAP note 984229 with new version of BI 7.0 input help for ODS selection screen is going against main ODS table to get values which was not the case in old version of BW. In old version ODS input help screen was going against master data table and for cube it was always dimension table.

You can see it by running the query in RSRT debug mode for input screen help

There was an ODS specific setting suggested in same note at the end. You can use that to make it happen fast

Thanks

YSS

sbastien_francal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Viren,

We have noticed this as well (we're only at SP12) but we can't really figure out why.

Would be great if someone had any info about this.