cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebAs Homogeneous System copy over existing directories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to perform a homogeneous system copy of a NW2004s WebAS Java EP portal system using database-specific system copy with Oracle. OS is Suze 9 Linux.

On the target server, /usr/sap/<SID> and /sapmnt/<SID> exist from a previous install of NW2004 EP.

I am on the step "Preparing the Target system" and am attempting to run sapinst on the target system. It stops with a message:

"You entered the instance number 01 on host hhhhhhhh for the SCS instance. DIAGNOSIS: In the SAP system SID, an SCS instance already exists with the instance number 01 on host hhhhhhhh.

SOLUTION: Enter a different instance number. "

Questions:

Do I need to delete the old directories before I start sapinst on the target?

Or do you recommend installing the target with different instace numbers?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Judith,

since you obviously dont need the other Instance anymore (you want overwrite it anyway) you might as well delete it first.

TIP: The instruction for how to delete a SAP System are always at the very end of the installation manual.

Regards,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andi!

Kind Regards,

Judith

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same problem. I have complete uninstall the server over sapinst. but leaved the database software.

Can someone help ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Judith,

I assume that even though you backed up your database you also used sapinst to take an export of your java stack? This is required as a lot of your java stack exists in the file system outside of the database.

For a system copy involving Java we always recommend that yu removed any existing target system. This is because technically a refresh of the java system is not possible, only a complete homogeneous system copy to a new target system.

Regards,

David