cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Portal logon page structure completely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I've read a lot about it in the wiki and in this forum, but I haven't found anything about placing the branding image on the left side and the user/pass form on the right, just the opposite of the default logon page.

The only thing I've found is how to change the default image for another or change the text displayed, or something similar.

Can anyone help me, please?

I've unzipped the com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par file already.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give me your email id, I can give you a document in which everything is mentioned with example at one place.

Please Reward it is useful for you.

thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

My e-mail address from work is down by now, but you can send it to chusmix@hotmail.com. I'll reward you very useful, thanks a lot.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sent u a document related to this at your mail id.

thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pankaj, it was very useful for me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Please may I also request a copy of the PDF document you sent to Roberto as I also need some help changing the Portal structure.

I have sent you a direct email requesting this.

Thanks,

Bim.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

chinmaya_sahoo
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello

Refer following links for portal login page change..

<b>Customizing the Logon Screens</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/c0e240beb0702ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

<b>Changing the authschemes.xml File.</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1a/3afd4e641b8f42ac07bb77fe30375b/frameset.htm

<b>Display Animated Logo in the Portal Login Branding Image dynamically: </b>

Display Animated Logo in the Portal Login Branding Image dynamically:

The standard logon component containing the code and resources used by the logon screens is shipped in a portal archive (PAR) file named com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.

Import the par file as a project in NWDS. Browse through the tree structure of the project. In the PORTAL-INF folder, various jsps are available.

1)umLogonPage.jsp

2)umLogonCertPage.jsp

3)umResetPasswordPage.jsp

4)changePasswordPage.jsp

5)umHelpPage.jsp

6)umLogonProblemPage.jsp

7)umLogoffPage.jsp

8)umLogonTopArea.txt

9)umLogonBotArea.txt.

Inorder to change the images, text in the logon page you need to edit Files 1,8,9

The SAP logo is referenced in umLogonBotArea.txt as sapLogo.gif.

The branding image branding-image.jpg is referenced in umLogonBotArea.txt.

Edit the images name in these files and put your new images in the layout folder of the project.

If u want to remove the " register now" option in the logon screen, remove the self registration tag in the umLogonPage.jsp

Cheers..

Chinmaya

Reward for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Idon't know whether my suggestion is right and required or just crap.

But, I wish to share it with everyone.

Your are searching WYSISWYG which is compatible with NWDS.

Why dont u put ur html code inside a jSP page and make ur own logon par.

I hope this is helpful.

If not then please excuse me :).

Regards,

Sumit Oberoi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can find umLogonPage.jsp and umLogonBotArea.txt first.

Open umLogonPage.jsp and find the code <b>"<FORM name="logonForm"...</b>.". This form is "user/pass form" you mentioned.

then look at the line <b>"<%@ include file="/umLogonBotArea.txt"%>"</b> and open the umLogonBotArea.txt.

In umLogonBotArea.txt,you'll see a table which contains the branding-image.

and... now you can construct ur own structure with <b>HTML</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

it is just jsp's, so you can change the layout of it as much as you like.

If you don't want to do it manually use your preferred WYSIWYG editor.

Regards,

Andi

Message was edited by:

Andreas Appelbaum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Andreas. I've tried some WYSIWYG editors, like XStandard or myeclipse but none of them can be properly integrated as part of Developer Studio. Do you know if there's any editor that can be fully integrated in Developer Studio and how to install it?

Regards,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

Go through the following docs.These include all the details for changing the portal logon page.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a000df6b-586a-2910-e6be-9fee831d5a30">Enterprise Portal Logon Page Branding</a>

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/371e9d90-0201-0010-c39c-fd2956154ab3">Customizing the Logon User Interface of SAP Enterprise Portal</a>

Go and make your own logon page

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its no big deal if you know a bit of HTML, CSS and copy/paste

You design a stand alone HTML with images etc. (not in portal)

Next you copy your source html of the designed page line by line without touching scriptlets and Java code and variables in the logon page jsp.

Once youve done that, change the name/id of the user, password and submit button the way it is in the original.

Place ur images in the same folder the other images are placed and give the path to them wherever you want it.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Prem.