cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Tune the Transactions/ Z - reports /Progr..of High response time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

in <b>ST03</b> work load anlysis menu.... there are some z-reports, transactions, and some programmes are noticed contineously that they are taking the <b>max. response time</b> (and mostly >90%of time is DB Time ).

how to tune the above situation ??

Thank u.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´d execute that program with an enabled trace (using ST05) and blame the developers for using "select * from xy"

--

Markus

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Perhaps the developers were good enough to put a condition on the query, but they forgot to create any index that support the condition o.O

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes but maybe there are too many indices already (which would also be counterproductive). i'd stay with markus and search for selects without proper conditions, nested loops and irresponsibly large joins (over more than 2 tables).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

You can start with some thing like:

ST04 -> Detail Analysis -> SQL Request (look at top disk reads and buffer get SQL statements)

For the top SQL statements identified you'd want to look at the explain plan to determine if the SQL statements is:

1) inefficient

2) are your DB stats up to date on the tables (note up to date stats does not always means they are the best)

3) if there are better indexes available, if not would a more suitable index help?

4) if there are many slow disk reads, is there an I/O issue?

etc...

While you're in ST04 make sure your buffers are sized adequately.

Also make sure your Oracle parameters are set according to this OSS note.

Note 830576 - Parameter recommendations for Oracle 10g

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you go get SAP course "ADM315: Workload Analysis".

it is too complicated to explain all the steps in a forum.