cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SID for a second SMD-Agent ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we try to install a second SMD-Agent on one machine with a different Instance-number.... (second instance to monitor)....

existing Instance-Numer for Agent is 98....sapinst will use 97 automatically...

Must we use the same SID for the Agent as before, or must wie choose a different one ?

If i try to use the same as before the sapinst stops with error 'version has no properties'

If i try to use a new SID, the sapinst shows a warning that some problems will appear in the next steps...

What's the right way to monitor the second instance on this machine ?

regards Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

First of all, I would like to make sure that the agent already installed (SMD/98) is a 04S one.

Then you are right, you have to use the same SID if both agents are 04S ones.

I think that for strange reason the SAPCAR executable has not been extracted during agent installation: on which platform are you ?

May you please have a look to /usr/sap/SMD/exe and make sure that the SAPCAR is deployed.

If it is not, unsar <SAPINST_DIRECTORY>/scs/SAPJ2EE.SAR and copy SAPCAR executable under /usr/sap/SMD/exe.

Now, if the SAPCAR was already extracted please send me by email the sapinst_dev.log file (on windows C:\programs files\sapinst_instdir\NW04S\SMD on unix /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SMD ).

Best regards,

Celine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Celine, thanks for your reply...

there is a sapcar in the usr/sap/SMD/exe directory, but the timestamp is 10.10.2005....

The sapinst shows in the logs, that it extract the sapcar again....but the timestamp does'nt change....

Now, i've extract it manually (out of SAPJ2EE.SAR), and copied it to usr/sap/SMD/exe but the error still exists....

I start sapinst with root....

The platform is X86 64bit Linux...

Where can i find your email-adress ?

The only sapinst_dev.log i can find, is under /sapmnt/SID/installsmdagent (the point, from where i start the sapinst)

There's a directory tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S and it have the current timestamp, but no content beneath....

regards Christoph

Message was edited by:

Martin Rein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

May you please zip all the log files you have under:

/sapmnt/SID/installsmdagent and send them to me: celine.jacoutot@sap.com.

Thanks and best regards,

Celine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your good help Celine....

The problem was solved now....

As you say, the java-version is the problem...

best regards Christoph

Answers (0)