cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History in report prompts

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

We recently upgraded from 3.1 to 7.0. In the report prompt on 3.1 each field would save the history of values entered into that field. (i.e. if I typed 1000 in a plant prompt the next time I run the report it would remeber that I had typed 1000 and would suggest it as a possible value for this run.) The report prompt in 7.0 does not seem to offer this. Does anyone know how to turn this feature on for a 7.0 report prompt?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sbastien_francal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I'm pretty sure that the same option is still available, though you can only see it when you chose the selection options. In there, you should have a "history" part, where you can select all the values you've selected in the recent past.

Otherwise, perhaps the users could create a variant and re-utilize it whenever they need it.

Hope it helps,

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, I can't find what you are describing. I've sent your suggestion to some of those who use the report prompts more then I to see if they can find this.

Chris

sbastien_francal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chris,

In the variable screen, all the variables should have (I'm sure in BEx, not sure in the web) a drop down list with some previously selected values.

You can also click on the white square on the right of the variable ("select from list") and, at the top of the newly opened window, select "history" from the Show list.

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Sebastien,

I'm not able to find any of the things that you are referencing. When thinking about this it dawned on me that even though we've upgraded to 7.0 we are still running the 3.5 BEx interface. We haven't switched that yet. Could that be why I'm not seeing the options that you are referencing?

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Don't think this is available when running emulated 3.x BEX in 7.x environment.

ChandranGanesan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Have a look at this for your problem, it may give you some hints

OSS 940174 : F4 - Checking historical values in pers. worklist

OSS 1137466 : Variable personalization is lost / missing

Thanks [Chandran|http://chandranonline.blogspot.com/]

kabordner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Chris,

We have also noticed this problem with our upgrade to BI 7.0, still using BEx 3.5. Have you been able to find a solution yet? We have spent quite a bit of time researching this and have not been able to find anything.

Thanks.

Karen

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

No we have not found a soluition. I'm thinking that we may not have any options until we migrate our reports to 7.0. But that's not based on anything concrete.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having same problem. We are using BEx 3.x whin BI 7 and history list is not available. Does anybody has any idea how to get this back