cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running a tcode in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

I have a requirement to run some standard t codes in the background.

Can anyone adivce how I can find the exe program for any tcode. I am basicallly looking for the exe file for any standard t code which i can run via se38.

Yuo can take su01 as a simple example.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way to find the program called by a transaction is to use the small properties list at the bottom right of the screen. First call the transaction and then do a click on the properties list. The called program should be listed to the right of the field named (now, wait for it...) 'Program.'

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the report/program name associated with a transaction tcode from the table 'TSTC' . Enter the list of the transaction codes and the table would return the program names for the same.

Regards,

Sowmya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debnilay,

You could try batch input. This is a common method for executing transactions in background but it does require you to either create a batch input program or record a session in SM35.

Once you've recorded your session in SM35 and given it name, you can run it in background using RSBDCSUB.

What transaction(s) do you need to run in background?

Regards,

Gary

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go into transaction SE93, type your tcode and check which program it starts.

note that most transaction CANNOT be run in background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There isnt any exe file for tcode. But you can see the report/program that a transaction calls in SM01.

eg:

SM01 --> enter SU01 in text box hit return

Thanks

Prince jose