cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts about XI and RFC or IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have an external system that will send a file with data, with data from that file will have to make some Batch input on a number of transactions and I doubt arises in the orient

The platform of exchange will be XI and I would like if someone could guide me in which are the advantages and disadvantages of undertaking such Batch Inputs through IDOC or through an RFC function or if there is another better way to make this process

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto.

As far as I understand your scenario, you are fetching the data from a file and update the R3 database using a BDC session.

In that case, my suggestion is to use a custom RFC that takes these records and creates a BDC session. This would be a better way to handle this scenario instead of using any IDOCs.

Regards,

Hari.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would have to use a custom ABAP to create the BDC session as I am not aware of any standard funcitons.

Idocs can be collected before processing, but are not subject to the same checks as as a custom bapi/bdc program.

There are pros and cons for each method. It would be down to the business to decide, on your recommendation!