cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous interface using 2 different RFC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where I need to pull data from an RFC using the RFC adapter ( call the rfc z_sendrfc ) and I need to message map this and send the resulting file format to the soap rec. adapter and on to the supplier. The supplier will then respond to the soap call. Here is where my problem comes in. The person who wrote the rfc's wrote 2 of them one to send the file and another ( z_acceptrfc ) to accept the response, because he didn't want the R/3 program waiting on a responseg.

Everything configured Asynch is fine ( only I get nothing back ).

I guess my question is - is there a way to create a Synch interface z_sendrfc --> vendor_xml_file then take back the response to the z_sendrfc and map it to z_acceptrfc?

I know this is probably a weird question any input would be great. By the way my vendor_xml_file is defined from an external definition.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

>I guess my question is - is there a way to create a >Synch interface z_sendrfc --> vendor_xml_file then take >back the response to the z_sendrfc and map it to >z_acceptrfc?

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, pls feel free to elaborate more.

Yes, its possible to create the sync interface, just use the Sync Send in the BPM and select the source and destination message interfaces. The response you get from this sync call then map to z_sendrfc and then map to the z_acceptrfc. For all these you might have to use the transfermation service (one of the service within BPM) twice. So, what happens is that in your first transformation source will be your request message(z_sendrfc) for the sync connection, destination will be the response. The response will then be the source entry for another transformation and destination will be the z_acceptrfc.

Hope this helps.

Pls let me know how you go or need more information.

Cheers,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the great input... unfortunately I have never used BPM All of my objects are created and everything works on the way out - just don't know how I am going to process their response. It is like this ..

RFC1 >RequestProductInfo->SOAP Adapter--->Web Service

Web Service->?????->ProductInfo--->RF2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

If you are making sync call there is no other option but to use BPM to get the response back. I am afraid. Give it a try its very simple and it will make your life lot easier.

Cheers,

Ranjan